Wednesday, February 18, 2009

scandinavian jumping bug



last week grandma, grandpa, the bug and i went down to AZ for my niece's baptism. while there we all had a chance to catch up with family and the bug got to meet all sorts of cousins for the first time, as well as getting some serious trampoline exposure (now EVERYTHING is a trampoline).

the couple days before we left for AZ, we were able to catch up with my other sister and her son. it's been a busy and hectic month, but well worth it.

still to come this month is a reception, a scout dinner and the bug's 2nd birthday.

on a completely unrelated note, this really hasn't been my year. while i was cooking up a seafood feast for my sister while she was in town (she lives in indiana), in my haste to get things done i managed to pour boiling oil on myself, leaving 2nd degree burns on my thighs and on the tops of my feet. so, january i sprain my ankle and february i attempt to deep-fat fry my lower limbs. i'm hoping this is just a bad beginning and not a trend for the year. i mean, i've heard of flower of the month clubs and stuff like that, but this is just ridiculous.

on a happy note, i was approved for a federal pell grant, so i'll be going back to school in april and it's gonna be paid for by the government. i've decided to go into an accounting program and eventually get my MBA . . . so what if i'm almost 30. better late than never, right?

well, peace out homies and enjoy the pictures.









No comments: