Sunday, August 3, 2008

audi: 1 me: -$854.57


so, my car is mended and home again . . . we (my pappy and i) had determined that the voltage regulator in the alternator had gone kapute, and there for the alternator would be in need of replacing.

i thusly take my car to the mechanic, they take out the alternator and can't find anything wrong with it, just that it's not charging the battery; solution? new alternator.

also, an interesting note on the alternator: there are two main manufacturers of audi alternators: bosch and veleo . . . and what's the alternator found in my car? a bosch/veleo. weird, huh? this stumps the mechanic. as well as the fact that the amprage of the alternator was much higher than it should have been and that the alternator, though marked as a 2001, wasn't put in allroads until 2003. it just had to be my car that had the weird funky phantom part that made no sense what so ever. and keep in mind also that this is the original alternator, not an after-market or modification. crazy german car makers . . .

at this point my car is very much dismantled, so he replaces the serpentine belt as well.

the important thing is, my car is intact and running and i am just that much more in the hole financially . . .

oy

No comments: